Friday, July 6, 2012

While the employment numbers should not have surprised anyone, we are seeing a bit of a sell off but I think this is largely a consolidation from the rallies of the past few days.  I am not rushing off to buy more of everything, but just holding the course.

CAT continues to torture me.  I know about a downgrade from an analyst but this stock is trading with way too much volatility for what it is - a solidly run capital good company.  Overall, world growth still exists and will most likely continue.  So I continue to believe the stock is cheap, but it has been punishing.  GE has been much better for me (and a higher yield!)...hmmm, I think I am going to be taking some losses on CAT and adding more to GE...



Performance UPDATE


I updated performance for June.  A good month vs the benchmark.  Largely because I got out of bonds at a good time and added to stocks that outperformed the S&P 500.

Still under the benchmark since 1/2011 but that is because I was running a very conservative equity allocation relative to where I ended up deciding I wanted to be long term.  I initially was looking at around 25% equity but I realize that is too conservative, so I switched to 45%.

No comments: