Thursday, September 13, 2012

LO down over 10% in less than a month (and more from the high).  I am leaning towards considering this a buying opportunity, but I am always concerned with drops without much news.  All too often, we learn after the fact about some big news item and the implication, to me, is that some people know ahead of time.  So we should beware.  Instead of buying the stock outright, I bought some October 125 calls.  This will give me some exposure if we get a bounce back.

Barring some geopolitical event (the events in Egypt are unnerving), I think there is good upside in the market right now.  I will look to add to my exposure perhaps with some more call options.

VZ is trading at a high multiple relative to history at around 19.  Their dividend yield is quite high over 4%.  I would agree with a CNBC commentator that it is trading in a more "bond like" manner.  It is always a bit dicey to treat stocks like bonds but I am still persuaded by the story in the growth of mobile data usage.  I still think T and VZ are the biggest games in town and will benefit as usage inevitably increases.  It is one of my core holdings and has done remarkably well but I think this is a case of sticking with the horse.


No comments: