Friday, March 8, 2013

A friend shared this story of an Apple analyst getting as Frank,Tony Montana's mentor would say, "high on his own supply".

http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2013/03/07/why-analysts-should-not-be-investors-andy-zaky-edition/


This is a good cautionary tale.  Giving financial advice should be very personalized.  But the very nature of most blogs is that there is no analysis of the suitability to one's own situation.  My own goal with my little blurbs is to spark some thought about the investment process, make investors aware of the importance of examining fees and to provide some ideas about risk management.  I hope to accomplish this by speaking about my own experience in the markets and how I am managing my own money.

Be wary, go slow and seek to find ideas that persist over time rather than trying to make a quick buck.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The difference is that you were a pro and have years of experience managing people's money. This article just shows that very few people can actually make money because it's #$!@# hard.