Friday, February 22, 2013

Depending on your moral stance on investing in the "sin" stocks (tobacco, gambling and others) you may view the drop in LO today as an opportunity to buy.  I think it is.  These stocks are under owned largely because there are large funds that specifically exclude them from their universe.  I understand the stance and respect it.  That said, it does provide an opportunity for others in the market that are not as concerned.

Bonds today found a bit of footing, as did stocks, when Bullard of the Fed came out with what I mentioned yesterday - that the Fed is not moving anywhere away from the easy policy any time soon.    My current thinking is that stocks provide better upside and bonds may take a small hit from here.  They are still good, but stocks are better.

I also like RAX and icon tinge to buy on this big adjustment downward.  I believe wholeheartedly in the cloud computing and RAX will be well positioned.


No comments: