Thursday, February 28, 2013

A stock's price does not matter (to the regular functioning of a business).  It is important to remember that, unless a company is actively seeking to raise capital, the stock price does not change the functioning of the company except through incentive plans where employees are paid with stock.

I still like AAPL, but it is feeling like we have some more pain to go through on the downside.  While it seems silly to me, the stock needs to go through a complete washout in order to build up again.  What will that level be?  I don't know but it may have to get to a level where even diehards throw in the towel.  I am not selling now, but I am also prepared to keep buying if we get further weakness.

JCP is getting interesting at these levels again, but we may want to wait a few days and let some real panic selling come in.  If you can pick it up in the 16 range I think there will be some value there going forward.  This is very speculative however.

LO has continued dropping and I have bought some more.  It's yield is now 5.7%

We shall see what the sequestration effect will be.  I expect a drop and a buying opportunity.

Also, I updated returns for February in the performance tab.  My portfolio was up 0.73%.








No comments: