Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Over the last two days, I added four new positions:

INTC   4.2% div
VALE  5.8% div
NUAN
PMT div 8+%

The last two are definitely in the speculative camp.  I am not sure NUAN deserves to be in that camp, though as it trades at a low PE.  It was smashed recently but I think unfairly.  Same can be said for KO.  This is one of my favorites.  The dividend is over 3% and growing.

Having said all this, I am not necessarily adding much to my overall stock risk as my overall exposure is around 24%.

Stocks have had a great run.  We are in a delicate position.  Overall, I think we will go higher, but we can have pull backs.  We are in an environment where having too high a cash position is very painful and most participants are looking for opportunities to buy.  If that is correct, pull backs will be brief and shallow at the index level.  Individual stocks will give opportunities to buy (like KO or NUAN, right now)











No comments: